This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
When I found out I was having twins, I immediately started searching for “the essential twin baby registry checklist”? I didn’t want a house full of baby stuff we were never going to use. I also didn’t want to go broke buying baby stuff. I wanted only the essentials, the basics, the necessities.
Here is my version of “The Essential Twin Baby Registry Checklist” of the things you will actually use in the first 6-9 months!
- Diapers – We started with Pampers Swaddlers and then after a month switched to Up&Up Target generic brand. It saved us a ton of $$. If you do a diaper shower, ask for a variety of sizes. **TIP: You can exchange unopened diapers for a new size as long as it is the same store you bought them from. I preferred to buy them from Target because it was easy for me to run up there and exchange them when it was time to move up a size.**
- Wipes – We also started with Pampers Sensitive Wipes, but soon switched to the Target Sensitive generic brand. You can never have too many wipes.
- Diaper Cream – For day to day, we loved Aquaphor. Aquaphor can be used for SO much. It was great when the babies had really dry skin or a random rash anywhere on their bodies. If your kids develop Diaper Rash get Triple Paste. It is expensive, but it works. Lather it on, it is magic.
- If doing formula, Baby Brezza – It is worth every penny. It also saves you on having to use your brain during the middle of the night feedings.
- If doing formula, Bottles and lots of them – Our babies were not picky so we picked a brand and went with it. We ending up going with Philips AVENT. If you aren’t sure, get a few options and try them. Once you find a brand they like, get enough to get you through the whole day. Hopefully this will help with less dishes.
- Bibs and Burp Rags – Get a lot. Period. Cloth diapers make great burp rags. This type of bib, with neck protection, is amazing. The more you have, the less laundry you will have to do.
- Snap-N-Go Double Stroller for your car seats. I recommend the Baby Trend Universal Double Snap-N-Go Stroller Frame. It fits the majority of car seat brands. It is also very lightweight and easy to use.
- Graco Baby Swing or 4moms mamaRoo. We had 1 of each. They were perfect. If you can, get one for each child.
- Twin Pack & Play with Twin Bassinet – My favorite was the Baby Trend Retreat Twins Nursery Center. This was our babies’ home base for the first 12 weeks or so. We kept it in our living room and that is where they slept. It was their safe space.
- Playard – You won’t use this until the babies are mobile, but it is great to have on hand. Get an “extra large” version so it can fit both babies and you.
- Changing Table/Area – We had two, one downstairs and one upstairs. It is a life saver to not have to walk upstairs for every diaper change.
I have winter kiddos so feel free to edit with summer items if you need too.
- Long-sleeve onesies
- Pants with the feet built in – We did not want to have to keep up with tiny socks. This avoids the need for socks.
- Zip up, I repeat, Zip up PJs – Don’t bother with snaps, buttons, etc. You don’t have time for that. Zippers ONLY!
- Zip up Swaddles – Get the Love To Dream Swaddle UP – Lifesaver! My husband and I loved these. I would even recommend bringing them to the hospital. Our kids moved from zip up swaddles to zip up blankets until they sized out. Did I say, Lifesaver?
- Boppy – Get 2 and bring them to the hospital. They are so much better than pillows. **TIP – Bassinet sheets make a great boppy cover**
- Twin Z ‘Boppy’ Pillow – This is great for feeding your kids on the floor at the same time. We used this in their nursery for middle of night feedings. Then we used it to help them learn to sit up as the got older.
There You Have It!
These were all the items that we used daily or weekly while Sophie & Seth were young. I hope this list helps you start your Twin Baby Registry!